CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Long time no update - sorry

What a week we've had, to say the least. Riley turned 5 yesterday so we were busy getting ready for his party. At the last minute we were offerred the youth building at church to have his party in which worked out great because it kept getting bigger and bigger. I think he had a great day. He was so excited it did get a bit obnoxious, but we let him enjoy it all. He opened his family presents in the morning and got a lot of GI Joe war paraphenelia (sp?). Then his party was over lunch so we served everyone pizza and he wanted a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cake (have no idea where this came from, but we did it). A wonderful friend of mine decorated it for me since that was just one I could not do. He wanted to go to McDonald's for his birthday dinner which was nice and easy and fairly cheap. As much as I hate McD's I was more than willing to go. They confirmed my hatred though when they served me a burger without the patty!! I unwrapped my burger, took a bite and thought it tasted awful but figured it was just in my head. While talking with our friends the bun flipped down and all I saw inside were pickles, ketchup, mustard and a strip of bacon! They were a bit embarrassed when I took it up to the counter.

On another note, Andy quit his job this week. He had really been struggling with the company and their business practices lately and decided he couldn't deal with it anymore. He doesn't have a new job yet, but I'll let you know when he decides what he's going to do. In the meantime, the boys are loving having him home everyday. They think this new arrangement is great.

0 comments: