CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

REAL Cookies

I made some REAL cookies the other day and they were a huge hit. I wanted to take some to our new neighbors and knew the veggie cookies would not go over well (they can get to know that side of me if we get to be better friends). They have a 7 yr old boy and 4 yr old girl so I'm hoping we'll get together and get to know them. We don't have any young kids on our street. It's exciting to see them move in here.

Yesterday we attended the Franz bread factory open house - what a zoo! The actual factory and bread production was very interesting to us all, but the line was horrible. We went there around lunch time because we heard they would be handing out hotdogs, however we didn't realize we'd have to make it all the way through the tour to get the food so we had lunch around 1:45. Needless to say, the boys were starving and whiny by that time. We made it though and learned some new info. Our favorite parts were seeing the bread suctioned out of the pans and then watching the bags be put on. A friend I was there with was talking about all the fun things you can do with the square plastic bag ties. Tegan overheard us and was trying to follow the conversation when he finally had to ask what we were talking about. I explained it to him and he still didn't understand. Finally, it dawned on me that he couldn't picture it because he can't remember seeing one. We haven't bought bread since last Dec - I didn't realize I'd been making it that consistently for that long - and when I did buy it I always found this off brand ultra-healthy stuff that used twist ties on their bags. Thankfully they each got their own mini loaf of white bread at the end and all the bags had the square plastic ties on them. After eating half his little loaf I was happy to hear Riley tell me he was glad I made all their normal bread. Tegan continues to relish his little loaf of white bread and would never admit that he likes mine better, but he did complain a bit about his loaf sticking to the roof of his mouth.

We went to the $1.50 theater on Monday and it only cost $.50 to get in. I couldn't believe the four of us got into a movie for a total of $2.00. It has always been a policy that we only go to this theater, but I think we may need to change that to only going to this theater, on Mondays. Then we can buy the $6 popcorn to go with the movie experience. We saw a great little movie called, "Cars." I enjoyed it with the boys and it didn't have the typical Disney bad guy so it wasn't too scary for anyone.

We're off to "Splash" for family night tonight. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but the boys have been begging to go there all summer and our coupon expires 9/1 so tonight's the night. It's the closest thing we have to a water park near us, but it's really just a big indoor wave pool with one waterslide. I'm hoping it won't be too crowded.

0 comments: