CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

More settling

We now have the trampoline leveled and ready for play and we also got a small garden planted this afternoon. We have some great, sunny beds in the front of our house calling for veggies. I didn't get as much in as I would have liked, but it is better than the 'nothing' I thought we would plant this summer.

We started our church search today. We have a whole new perspective going into church hunting this move so we're trying some very different places. Today we ended up at a very small Orthodox Presbyterian Church. I loved the size, but other than that there is nothing calling me back there and since Andy didn't like it at all we definitely won't be headed back that direction. I would like to try out another OPC to see how the pastor's teaching differs, but we'll see. The next two on the list are Church in the City and the Scum of the Earth Church. Andy would really like to expose the boys to a multi-cultural church which both of these are. I want a community for our whole family and hopefully will also find some like-minded homeschooling families.

After almost two months off we start school back up tomorrow. Granted, we'll be on a modified summer schedule, but we need to get back into some sort of routine much to the boys' dismay. I have all our school books organized by subject and student so I'm hoping it will be easy to find curriculum as we go and use some of the stuff I had intended to, but lost track of when it wasn't so organized. I'm also weeding out quite a bit since we know we're sticking with the Classical Conversations path. If it weren't for the tuition of CC our school years would be so much less expensive using the CC curriculum and library books. As it is we are still saving money when it comes to homeschooling three children through CC rather than trying to customize curriculum for each of them every year.

1 comments:

thebookbaglady said...

I love reading about how it's going, Heidi! You are amazing. Our home studies have fizzled out big time--maybe we'll get a few things done tomorrow. I think we'll do some 'garden school'. I miss you! We'll have to 'chat' about CC training. I'm getting ready to really study up. I think it'll take me all summer! :-)
Love, Gretchen