CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 11, 2009

A Plentiiful Garden

We have had an amazing garden this year. Living in Eugene I was convinced I was a failure of a gardener. In six years of growing a garden there I only had one summer in which my tomatoes ripened, I was successful with zuchini once, never got any peppers off the plants growing and each year progressed a bit further in the growth of our watermelons. NOW...I can't get the stuff to stop growing. I planted two zuchini plants based upon my previous experience. The boys are so sick of zuchini hiding in everything they eat (brownies, eggs, choco cake, pancakes, bread, chili, etc...you get the idea). I wish I had been more prepared with recipes. Not included in the pictures below is our thriving watermelon plant. One plant from which I've trimmed off a total of 8 feet all the way around throughout the summer. I just cut off 4 great melons in an effort to help our three biggest ripen before a frost. Pictures will come when we have success.

 



I don't know that I"ve done anything different here than back in Oregon, but the results have been incredible. I only wish I knew so we could repeat this success next year and be better prepared for it.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: