CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS!  We love our quiet Christmas traditions. After a month full of Advent activities we are typically home on Christmas day. We awake on Christmas morn, grab some hot chocolate, and then share letters of appreciation that we wrote to each other earlier in the month. It’s so sweet hearing what the boys write to each other. Then we open stockings before singing Happy Birthday to Jesus with a candle in our cinnamon rolls. After that sweet repast the boys take turns playing Santa and hand out gifts. Once the gifts are open the boys usually snack and assemble Legos, Andy naps and I clean up a bit, or noodle on the computer as I am doing today. We stay in our PJ’s all day and then feast on Chinese take-out and cold pizza (the boys’ annual pick) in the evening. It is truly a low key day. I like not cooking a big meal or worrying about dressing :). I’ve shared some shots and a few videos of our day here. 

This year, a few days before Christmas we had a Christmas celebration at my Dad’s before he and Cherie left town. It was a fun evening with some fun gifts and an incredible dinner. Then the boys spent the night and Andy and I got some last minute Christmas stuff done before we picked them up the next day. 

Also, even though we have no pictures, I didn't want to forget the memory of a wonderful Christmas party that we had here with some great friends from around the city. Thirty eight of us gathered for some good food, fellowship, caroling, and prayer. What a special evening we had with our friends. They are such a blessing in our lives. 



A huge pile of gifts to begin the evening at Papa and Cher-cher's 


Ernie loves all the new bags and boxes associated with gift giving


Some fantastic new hats



Always a game of balckjack or poker to be had at Papa's


 Christmas morning in our bed, with some hot chocolate and sweet notes


Our self-portrait


 The stockings were hung by the window with care


A very fun ornament to find (that's a Benji hanging on the star)


Our friends from far and near are always in our thoughts and prayers


All ready for cinnamon rolls


Contemplating a clue in their treasure hunt for their gift from Santa


 Ready to peek in their stockings

Fun discoveries




Conner's new straw


Our Santas




Tegan's new favorite shirt, from Conner - "I'm not arguing, I'm simply explaining why I'm right."


Riley enjoying a break with a hunk of salami that he found in his stocking.


Getting a good laugh



A glimpse into our Christmas morning

0 comments: