CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 17, 2013

More Debate

We were in Albuquerque this week for yet another debate tournament. The weather was beautiful there and I spent much time sitting outside. I wasn't been needed to judge like at other tournaments, so it was  nice to catch up on emails and visit with friends, new and old. Since my position with CC has me overseeing New Mexico as well as Eastern Colorado I got to meet face to face with the lady I had hired in January to help in NM. She lives in Alb. and came by the tournament to visit for a bit. So nice to put a face with a name. After she left one of my roommates from the Academy came by. I don't think I've seen her since we graduated. I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with her. She had to go pick up her children from school, but then brought them back so I could meet them as well - so sweet!

It was a different tournament, but great experience nonetheless for the boys. Here are some pictures of Tegan and Riley in some poses from their Duo, plus one of them loving on each other :).


The Wickersham Brothers (ninja monkey)


The Mayor and little Jo-Jo bouncing his yo-yo





This is a video of their Duo. You can't see their expressions very good, but you can kind of see what it was like. I hope to get a great recording of it one of these days, but just in case I don't I wanted to put this up here.



Riley didn't place with his Expos this time around - rather disappointing for him, but he handled it well. The boys' Duo got 5th place and they've qualified to go to Nationals with it! Also, Tegan got his first "green checkmark" in the Extemporaneous event. This was a shock and he was so thrilled. Extemp is a limited prep event where the competitors are given a current events topic then 30 minutes to research it and prepare a 7 minute speech. He did a great job discussing immigration and other events. They had a good weekend and it all wrapped up with an ice cream and pool party at the hotel. We left Albuquerque at 6am to get Riley and Conner back to Denver in time for their first ever football practice. I can't even describe how excited Riley was. He has been waiting his whole life to play on a football team :).

0 comments: