CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 09, 2006

Alone time!!

A took the boys to a favorite camping spot (hot springs and snow) in our RV last night for a fun boys night out and I spent the night alone in my house for the first time, EVER!! It was wonderful. I wish they would have been gone two nights so I would have got to the point of missing them :). They left at 1pm Sun and didn't return until 2 today - a whole 24 hours! I was very productive yesterday. The entire back of our Expedition (no third seat) is loaded with toys to donate. I cleaned out both their rooms and couldn't believe what I found. Not only did I load up the good stuff to donate, but I filled a whole garbage bag with just trash and broken toys. All the donation toys are considered "in hiding" for the next two weeks to see if anything critical is noticed missing (my bet is they won't know) then it's off to the Mission with them.

R and C played in their room all afternoon because they could actually find things to play with and didn't notice a thing missing. T keeps commenting on how much he loves his room because it's so clean. He did ask where all his important things were (meaning the things on his nightstand, most of which was trash, literally - 11 empty, used ziplocs and 5 used Kleenex's). I asked him what things he was talking about and he couldn't name anything so I'm not too worried about it. I told them the new rule is that if they want to bring a new toy into the house they have to trade it for one to donate. They don't like it much, but they need to get this clutter out of their lives. If I ever get the energy I want to pack up every one of their toys for 2 weeks and see how much fun they can have. Their imaginations are amazing so I know they'll have a great time.

We jumped into school last week and got a lot done. Nothing was done today, but I'm sure they experienced science while camping.

After seriously considering 2 very different jobs (bug killing and financial planning) we have decided we would like A to take the FP job. The only problem is that it hasn't been officially offered to him. We are praying that it will be offered to him in the next few days.

0 comments: