CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 01, 2006

New update

Andy passed all his tests in the shortest time they have ever seen anyone do it and has been working for a month now, enjoying his new job. The boys and I will be traveling on a three week road trip from May 6 - 27 so Andy will be able to put in some long hours at work without having to worry about us at home. He just got his first paycheck in 5 months. Along with that, I had the humbling experience of signing Conner up for WIC so the state will now be helping us purchase milk, eggs, cereal, peanut butter and juice. Hopefully this will only be for 6 months or so, until Andy starts earning some commissions. I suppose any humbling experience is good for me and gives me a better understanding of others.

We have been very busy with school over the last two months and finished all our history last week. This was much to everyone's disappointment because we have loved studying the ancient times so now we will check out some books from the library to continue our study while on the road. Tegan is doing an end of year project on ancient Rome so we'll delve in more deeply to that time period while driving. Also, Riley's project will be on bugs so we'll be identifying many on our trip which will be fun since we'll be passing through so many different climates.

We had a great time in Mammoth. All 3 boys made it on skis this year. The last day was the best when I got on the gondola with all 3 of them and we skied down a real (not bunny) slope together. I've continued my knitting and finished Easter vests for all three boys. I've tried to upload the skiing and Easter pics, but can't get it to work so I'll try again later.

Riley has become an amazing reader. He reads regular (no picture) chapter books and loves to read Conner's books to him. Tegan read through the entire new testament in one year and 2 months!! He loved it and now wants to start on the Old Testament, but has been busy with other books lately. Conner is learning his letters and can write his name. He surprised me during hide and seek the other day and counted to 26, I only thought he could make it to 11.

0 comments: