CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

What a day!

Conner got up ready to help with breakfast this morning. He pulled the juice out of the fridge and POURED it across the floor until he reached the counter. We had to get out early so we could get to my Moms group meeting in time for me to set it up. I made lunches and loaded everything last night and I got the boys going with shoes on time. I gave them three warnings to not step on the cupcakes while getting in the car. After I got in I looked behind me to see if everyone was buckled and see an overturned cupcake on the floor. Of course everyone denies stepping on them. I get out to inspect the plate and find that 5 of the 10 cupcakes that I'm taking for a snack to Moms have been smashed or coated in grass from the bottom of a shoe. After a quick inspection I find Conner's shoe bottom full of frosting - UGH! There is no time to do anything, but a quick rinse of his shoe. I toss the 5 ruined cupcakes and head off to our meeting of 15 ladies with a measley five cupcakes to share for the snack. One lady even found some grass in her frosting - how embarassing! I know Conner didn't mean to step in them and I purposely did not put them in front of his seat so I don't know how he did it.

After Moms group we went to pick up Riley's new bike (love that REI dividend) and then all headed to the river trail so he could try it out. I had loaded all our bikes so we went on a nice 4 mile loop ride. He did great with his bigger bike with gears except for the fact that Tegan was usually in his own world and would just stop whenever and wherever he felt like it. As he wanted to be in front Riley was right behind him each time this happened. Riley is not yet used to having only hand brakes so he never even had a chance to try to brake before running into Tegan at full speed each time Tegan decided to stop to look at something. I was talking to Tegan about proper riding and how to place his feet on his pedals so he could ride farther and faster without getting as tired. He had no interest in doing that and finally informed me that he would prefer to ride slow so he could enjoy everything around him. I couldn't argue with him, but it's going to take a major lesson in patience for me to ride with him.

Now, I'm enjoying the quiet of our house while everyone else is at Cub Scouts. They'll be home in about 20 minutes and I plan on leaving in about 10 minutes to go enjoy some more quiet time while swimming.

0 comments: