CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What?????

So, I started taking the antibiotics yesterday and continued to lie around all day while the window people were busy replacing windows and doors in our house (this has only needed to be done since we moved in 6 years ago). I talked the boys into getting in bed at 7:15 so I wouldn't have to stay up any longer. The deal was for me to tuck them in and then they got to play their DS's until 8:30 when they would turn out their own lights. It worked well and I went right to sleep. Then I woke up at 10pm and couldn't figure out why. My throat actually felt a little better as I didn't need to grit my teeth and curl my toes in anticipation of the pain of swallowing. I felt a little itchy on my legs so I scratched them a bit. At midnight, after two hours of scratching and trying to sleep I decided I should change pants. I haven't done laundry in 5 days so I had dug into the bottom of Andy's clothes and found some sweats he hadn't worn in a long time and thought that for some reason these must be making me itchy. I changed pants, but then realized I was itchy everywhere else and I noticed little bumps on my back and stomach as well as my legs and arms. Then is dawned on me...I am now allergic to the 'cillins'. Where did this come from? I called the dr this morning and got a different antibiotic. Aside from a slight fever and still feeling a little itchy I feel so much better. The boys are at a friends so they are getting a play date in and I'm home still in recovery mode. I was sound asleep until the phone woke me at 11am, but I think I'll head back to bed now. Enough about my health - it's a sure sign of getting old when you only talk about your health - I'll move on to news of the boys and our move in future posts.

0 comments: