Tegan came running into the bathroom yesterday while I was showering saying over and over "I'm crying. I'm crying. They're tears of joy." I finally peeked out from the curtain to see for myself and indeed he was. When I asked what he was so happy about he told me he had FINALLY beaten "Tock" on the Bionicle computer game he likes so much. Thankfully I was behind the curtain so he couldn't see my laughter. I was a bit concerned about this, obviously demonstrating too much attachment to his video game, then Andy shared a story with me. When Andy was in 2nd grade he got third place in a hippety hop race and cried tears of joy then. Maybe this is just an inherited sensitivity that I need to love and appreciate.
THe other day while in the car Tegan mentioned "divorce." We were shocked to hear this come out of his mouth and asked where he heard it since it is an adult topic. He said he read about it in the Bible. It's certainly in there and he's read thru the NT. That night I asked him what else he had learned while reading his Bible. He asked what "adultery" was. I should have just kept my mouth shut. I asked him if he knew what "sex" was and he said no, but he'd read about that in there too. I was able to explain it all fairly simply without many details and he seem satisfied which was good since I don't think he's mature enough to hear it all. I thought these subjects would be broached because of friends and the world. I guess I should be glad he's learning about them from the Bible and maybe soaking up God's viewpoint on it all as well. I'm certainly not going to tell him not to read his Bible. However, I am rethinking Riley's quest to read the OT since there is a whole lot more talk about sex and sinful sexual acts in that. He is much more observant than Tegan and may get it all from reading it in there. He's still working on Genesis though so I have a little time to consider it.
I went to put my camera case away the other day and when I picked it up it was very heavy. This was odd because I was holding my camera in my other hand. I unzipped it and found the tape measure and scotch tape inside. Conner is always stashing things in the oddest places. I find little dinosaurs in the back of my tupperware drawer and things in my pots and pans occassionally. Then he can never find anything and gets so mad about it. He does provide many smiles througout the day though.
Roblox Rhythm Track Cheat
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment