We've had snow on the ground since last Thursday and it's so much fun. The boys and I played with our neighbors in snowball fights, sledding and snowman building since school was cancelled that day. It was freezing cold and clear all weekend so it was beautiful. I had a good friend visiting from Texas and we got to spend a freezing cold, gorgeous day on the coast on Saturday. We drove, talked a ton, hiked to a lighthouse, walked on the beach and drove some more. It was a great day. So fun to visit with an old friend face to face rather than through blogging/email/phone. We got more snow and freezing rain this morning (Tues) which almost delayed her trip home, but she made it which I'm sure her family is very thankful for.
How pitiful we are as parents. Our poor, deprived boys want a video game system so bad they decided they needed to make one out of cardboard. They have the XBox, controllers and even different screens for their games. I feel a bit sorry for them when they try to get their friends who actually own game systems to play it. I am proud of their creativity though and their excitement over it. I finally told them that I would CONSIDER a game system after I saw them control themselves with the use of the computer and the games they get online. I said I needed to witness self-control as exhibited by them being able to walk away from the best game ever when it came time to take care of a responsibility. Riley asked "If we do that once can we get one?" I told him I'd have to witness it over several months time and then I will CONSIDER the video games. We'll see how many years this takes.
I thought I had more to write, but I've lost all train of thought so I'm off to see how the baths are coming.
Roblox Rhythm Track Cheat
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment