It's Thursday and it feels like at least 2 weeks have passed since my birthday on Monday. Tuesday was spent in the abyss of public transportation. It's odd how you feel as if you're sinking back into oblivion when you board a city bus or loiter around the main station. Everyone around you seems depressed and completely wrapped up in their own world that nobody notices anyone else. The boys and I entered this world for over 5 hours. While the boys found it exciting I felt like I'd been gone for days without anyone caring about me. Andy needed our working car for his various meetings that day while our other car was in the shop guzzling $700 and hoping to work again (praying for several more years seems a long shot now). I had to get Tegan to his pre-op appt at the hospital downtown. We left the house an hour early, but the bus was 15 minutes late so I was literally dragging all three boys the 9 blocks from the station to the hospital. Conner, with the smallest legs and tired because he woke too early that morning, just walked as fast as he could and didn't say a word. On the other hand, the other two whined and complained from the time we started waitng for the bus. "It was too hot!" - yes, a balmy 68 degrees here and they couldn't take it. I told them to be thankful we didn't live in TX any longer and to walk faster. I knew Andy was getting out of a meeting downtown about the time we were walking so I called to see if he could pick us up. He rescued us and took us the last 4 blocks so we just made Tegan's appt. Everyone we dealt with there was quite rude and uncaring, but I didn't want to leave too soon because we would have to deal with more walking and bus riding. We walked out, went a half block and found a bus sitting at a bus stop briefly. I told the boys to run and jump on. They kept asking if it was going the right way. I told them I didn't care, we'd figure that out later. We rode 4 different buses that day and walked about 2 miles (not bad unless you're accompanied by tired, hungry, thirsty and whiny boys). I told them I'd had enough of public transportation for a year and Conner agreed. He has, however, revoked that statement and is now eagerly awaiting his next opportunity to ride a city bus.
We all left the house early on Wed to drop Conner and Riley off at a friends and then get Tegan to the hospital for his sdenoidectomy. That all went extremely smooth and Tegan did great. Everyone we dealt with was wonderful as opposed to all the people in the next office down that we had met on Tues. I got to go with him to the OR and hold his hand while he fell asleep breathing the gas. He was supposed to count backward from 10 and the only number he ever said was 7. He didn't open his eyes once as soon as they put the mask on him. When they wheeled him into the recovery room we were there waiting for him. Before they even got his bed parked he sat up and asked if he could go home. He wanted out of there right then. The nurse told him he would need to walk around a little before they could let him go. He took his walk, sat down and asked if he could go NOW. THey still wanted him to wait longer, but after he went to the bathroom they told him he could leave. He was out of there an hour after his surgery ended. The nurses said they had never seen anyone leave that fast. I tried to baby him at home with vdeos, slurpees, ice cream, popsicles and sprite, but he just wanted to play Bionicles. He did enjoy his diet though and even had ice cream for breakfast this morning since his throat hurt a little. You certainly couldn't guess by 3 oclock yesterday that he had ever had surgery that morning. Obviously, he's recovered just fine. Within a week we should know whether this has helped his breathing or not.
Today Tegan had an early morning allergy treatment appt and then Conner had his final WIC appt. The poor guy hates going to WIC because they poke his finger to get blood out to check his iron levels. He was so happy to hear this was his last one since he turns 5 in six months and will no longer qualify.
Tomorrow I have a Dr appt with my new dr. A friend got me into her since she wasn't taking any new patients. I couldn't stand my old dr who would get on me about the harms of homeschooling every appt rather than caring for my health. Then Tegan has to make up his piano class from yesterday and we have our sign language class. Another day of running around. I can't wait for the weekend to get here. The boys have been working real hard to complete all their school for next week, this week since Mimmy and Croaker arrive on Saturday for a week. Next week should be much more relaxing.
Probably way too much info regarding the happenings of this week, but I was trying to figure out why it seemed so long and now I can see why.
I talked to Lance (at our old church in TX) today and got even more excited about our mission trip this summer. I can't wait to go. I know it will be challenging, but I know God will be working on me and helping me grow through it all. I've already seen his blessings from so many friends and family who are praying and helping to send me to Jamaica - I couldn't do it without them. It's funny how I never thought I could go on a mission trip before because it was too expensive and now that we have the least ability to afford it, I'm trying to go. I finally understand that it's not about finances at all, but about changing hearts.
Roblox Rhythm Track Cheat
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment