CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Updates

Well, the boys had their first experience with "real" school this week. They enjoyed it and we're now debating whether or not to send them full time. It was too much for Conner at this time so he'll continue to stay home. (They wanted him 4 days a week, 6 hours a day and he's not ready for that). Riley thrived in there and absolutely loved it. Tegan could go either way so he's the one we're really trying to decide about. They would both have to give up their activities (karate, art, piano, co-op) to attend and that's what makes the choice so hard. I think I'd like to see Riley go while the other two stay home, but that may not be a wise option for him.

On another note, Tegan hasn't officially graduated from his "bedwetting" program, but he's pretty much done with it. It's amazing the difference we've seen in him. He is able to wake himself up any night he has to go in the middle of the night, but more importantly he gets up so much easier in the morning and isn't dragging himself around until noon trying to focus on any task before him. He can sit and do three math pages at once rather than taking 45 minutes for one page. He still stays up late, but isn't restless trying to fall asleep and he's much more rested in the morning. I wish we would have done this sooner.

Also, our allergy treatments from our "wacko" (I say that in the nicest sense) dr have worked great. We all attended the Barn Party this past weekend and the hay loft is usually horrible for Tegan, Riley and me. I've only been up there twice before and have come down within 5 minutes because my eyes itch so bad and I can't stop sneezing. This time I stayed up there with the boys for 20 minutes. The dust flying was so thick it left a haze throughout the room. I even crawled through the hay maze with Riley. When we left the party I felt no allergies and neither did Tegan. Riley's eyes itched a little, but he didn't complain about it so I know it wasn't that bad. He's a bit behind us in treatments so we'll need to get him started back up soon so he's ready for our next season this coming May. It's absolutely amazing. No more allergy drugs for us and we never had to do shots or alter our diets, just hold mysterious little vials in our hands, get acupressure treaments and rest a bit. I still don't understand it or know why it works, but I believe in it now.

My hand therapy exercises are actually working and I'm getting more motion back in my finger. It still hurts, but not near as bad. Or hen is coming along. Today was supposed to be the day to remove Chicken Bob from the salt mix, but I'm going to change it one more time and let him go a week longer to make sure he's all dried out before we wrap him. We actually got to see a finished one that had been in storage for three years. It was so cool to see that it lasted that long. We found out last month that my junior high history teacher lives less than a mile from us (Riley and Andy found her while selling Cub Scout popcorn) and we just had dinner with them last Friday. I hadn't seen her since my 8th grade graduation, but she remembered me and even sent us home with some puppets my sister and I made in jr high as well as a script for a show to go along with them. The boys love them. We had such a fun visit catching up and when she heard we were mummifying a chicken she brought hers home from her school where she's teaching now.

The boys are having a sleepover tonight so they're going to be so tired tomorrow. It could be quite a long day. We switched boys with another family so Riley and Conner are over there with their youngest two and their older boy came over here to hang out with Tegan. I think everyone is having a good time.

0 comments: