CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

A weekend away

A sweet friend of mine flew all the way from Alaska just to spend the weekend with me. She left her 4 kids and husband at home while I left my family here and we went to the coast for two nights to visit, rest and craft (she brought some fun supplies with ideas). We even found the perfect bottle of wine, "Mommy's Time Out," for our weekend away. Not only a great label but good wine as well. We hiked a bit, found a great restaurant for brunch, saw an amazing amount of sea lions on the rocks and experienced a fierce coastal storm while sitting in our cozy room with the fireplace "on." I love the Yachats Inn. The boys and Andy had a fun weekend of football, videos and Pokemon. Their Fantasy football team even won, for a change.

We're still discussing school for the boys so they are at home until we decide. We worked on poetry again today and discussed haikus. Here are the one's they wrote:

Bunnies
By Riley
Bunnies on the plains
noses twitching in the air
hear meadowlarks sing


Music
By Tegan
The soothing music
radiating a calmness
felt inside of me

Tegan's vocabulary continues to amaze me. While taking Conner to Target to spend some of his money the other day Tegan was lamenting the fact that he didn't have anything to spend. He said, "Ever since I spent my money at the Pokemon tournament I've been a pauper."

0 comments: