Well, I've started my on the job training and it's going ok. I'm on someone else's schedule which is difficult so I don't get as much time in as I'd like to, but hopefully I'll finish it up in the next week and then be on my own. It's mostly just learning the lingo of the paperwork so I'm getting it down. However, I can take mortgages now so anyone need to refinance or buy a house :) ???? (Don't worry, I'd have someone looking over my shoulder so I do it right).
The boys are doing well in school. Riley has yet to learn anything new academically, but he's a getting a different education this year in just being in a classroom and having someone else supervise him. He's an amazing kid and it's been so good for me to be able to step back and watch him learn without having the pressure of making sure we check all the curriculum boxes along the way. He's taught me much this year. Conner is actually in his class three full days a week now and that allows me to spend all afternoon on Wed bouncing between their classes helping in any area that's needed. I'm taking in dry ice next week for Tegan's science class. We are always sure to play with that at least once a year. I'm ready to move on to liquid nitrogen, but I don't think I'll ever be able to get my hands on that. It's just so fun to play with.
We were able to organize family basketball this season which Andy has enjoyed coaching at a local court. We have 6 families participating which gives us 14 kids. It's been a fun time to watch the kids improve. They are just working on basic skills since most of them had never touched a basketball before this.
We have 5boys at the house this weekend. We're watching our youth leader's two boys while they are gone at a youth retreat at Mt Bachelor all weekend. It's been quite loud for the past two days and no signs of the noise dying down before they leave tomorrow at 4. Andy took them all to the dollar theater today while I went out with a friend and now Andy is at a professional fight in Salem tonight (job related) while I'm trying to get them all to sleep. Everyone is over tired from the slumber party on the living room floor last night so they are all split up tonight and I think everyone except Tegan has been in tears at least once in the past hour. Andy definitely got the better end of the deal with the movie.
I went to a great seminar on a new (to me) homeschooling curriculum last weekend. The best part about it was I got to see some old friends from our Texas days. It was so odd walking into this library conference in a little mountain town in Oregon and seeing them and their kids there when we hadn't seen each other since Texas. Unfortunately we didn't get much time to visit as they were conducting the seminar and it was packed with information, but hopefully I'll be seeing more of them in the near future. They are going to come up here and run an informational meeting on the curriculum in April as well as host a booth at our local curriculum fair in June.
I think I've covered enought subjects for the night.
Roblox Rhythm Track Cheat
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment