We returned LATE (as in 1am) Monday night from 3 fun days of skiing up at my Dad's place, north of Spokane. It was so fun chasing the boys down the hill. Conner needed lessons from the start because he doesn't like to go slow and had no idea how to stop. He took a lesson each day and also skied with us some and greatly improved. Tegan and Riley were all over the hill. It's still a small "mom and pop" ski area so I was comfortable with them going off by themselves. They were very responsible looking at the clock at the top of the lift and were able to get themselves to their scheduled lesson on time! Riley has a perfect tuck and looks like he should be on the downhill team. They LOVE all the trails through the trees with the little jumps on them.
Before we even hit the slopes I decided to walk briskly up and down a fairly large hill on my dad's driveway, 4 times. It was still snowy and quite muddy out so I wore my hiking shoes and decided this would have to suffice for my training that day. The next day I couldn't figure out why I was in so much pain skiing, thinking I was in better shape than usual so skiing shouldn't make me so sore. It was the hills! I was sore from the tops of my hips all the way to my ankles on both sides of my legs. I'll definitely be training on more hills now.
This morning I dropped the boys off at their Pokemon league and went for a run. I actually ran 6 miles by myself! A huge feat that I have never done before. I've learned that the first three miles are just always going to be torturous, but once I get past those I feel much better. I'm a slow but steady runner. I ran home to change (I was soaked through since it rained the entire run) and then joined the boys for a few rounds of Pokemon before the league meeting ended.
I got my notice that I'm officially hired with my lender and am now working on my first, very own loan. I really enjoy this so hopefully it will continue to work out. Summer will be interesting. Andy is cutting back on one of his three jobs quite a bit so hopefully we'll be able to balance everything ok. I also found out last week that I was officially hired for a totally separate job that I'm even more excited about. The really cool thing is that an old friend from our TX days is now my boss. Who would have ever thought we'd meet up again in Oregon like this. I had to write some fun essays to get hired with her so if I'm feeling brave one night I may post them on here. We'll see.....
1 comments:
Okay - you're going to have to give a little more info on your job and about your Texas friend (I'm assuming it's Cara) for us current Texas people who may know them!!
Post a Comment