YAY!! The boys are finally home for Spring Break. We don't have any big plans, but it will be fun to have them home for a whole week. They got out yesterday and didn't have school today so we started the break with a big BANG by having 3 other boys spend the night last night. We had six boys in the house for 24 hours, ages 3, 5,6,7,8 and 9. They all have a love for Pokemon so they were very entertained with that. They living room possessed a very definite "boy" stench when they left at 4 today - that's probably just a hint of what's to come.
We have many play dates and hopefully some hikes (if the weather cooperates) scheduled for this week. We also have a major project to accomplish. The boys are getting baby chicks for Easter so we need to build a coop. I'm going to pick up the chicks tomorrow and haven't quite figured out how I'm going to keep them a surprise until Sunday morning. I'm excited for the eggs we'll eventually get and we're hoping our yard will look better with their help each day.
We got back from church late tonight. Our church is doing an Easter performance and they are running it tonight, tomorrow night and twice on Sunday morning. They all did a great job in it and I'm glad we went. But, I felt bad walking out of church thinking how great it was that now we don't have to worry about going to church on Easter. I can't believe I even thought that. Although, to be completely honest, Easter and Christmas have always been my two least favorite times of year to attend church. I would so much rather celebrate those special times with the people I love than sit in the midst of a mob of strangers hearing what these days are supposed to be about. We'll be sleeping in this Sunday.
0 comments:
Post a Comment