What a great day for a run. It was a beautiful sunny day here in Eugene. Nancy and I arrived at the Start without a rush. She took a chance on a parking spot since it was a Sunday and we arrived back at the car after the race to find no ticket so she did good (we did decide beforehand that we would split the ticket if needed). Some other friends actually found us at the start which was amazing since there were over 5500 participants, but we lost them soon after the gun went off. I felt great the whole way and just had fun. The sayings people had on the backs of their shirts were very entertaining (obviously I wasn't in the lead - in fact, the first marathon finisher finished a couple minutes before me). We finished quite a bit slower than we had hoped for, but we finished and that was all I was really hoping for. As an added bonus, I can still walk this evening, although I've been downing the ibuprofen quite regularly all day. We'll see what tomorrow brings in the way of aches and pains. Now I need to plan my next race. I'm looking at a trail run here on Memorial Day, then a free triathlon at a local lake in June. I'm ready to train for the 1/2 Ironman next summer if I can keep it up.
Me (in the green shorts, waving) coming into the finish.
Nancy and me with our finisher's medals - YAY!
We also got the garage cleaned out this weekend. No more chicken crap in there and it smells so much better. Here are some pictures of our little red barn (officially, a chicken tractor since we can move it around the yard). It looks so nice in the backyard. I love watching our chicks while I'm in the kitchen. They finally learned how to come down their ramp in the mornings, but they won't go up at night so we have to grab each one and put them up so they don't stay out and get too cold each night - they don't have all their feathers yet. I'm not so sure they are a very bright animal.
Roblox Rhythm Track Cheat
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment