CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Long Week

After visiting with Lisa and Robyn until 1am the boys and I left Boise at 7:30 Monday morning.  We barely made it home in time for Tegan to give his school presidential speech.  I was amazed with the students in his class.  They each stood up in front of 15+ adults and gave a speech on why they should be president of the school.  They were so confident and poised.  I know I could not have done that at 9 years old.  


The next evening the boys had their spring concert.  Tegan's performance abilities were certainly not inherited from me.  He not only led the entire presentation of the colors, he even sang a solo! And, he loved every minute of it!  Conner didn't look like he had much fun up there and sang about 1/2 of each song.  Riley is ok when he's in a group in front of people and really enjoyed all the singing.

The rest of the week was spent rising at 6am, dropping the boys off at a friends by 7am, picking up carpoolers and then commuting to Salem for the day.  It  was exhausting, but well worth all the information I received from Classical Conversations.  Conner accompanied me to Salem while the other two went off to school.  I arrived back in town around 5pm each day.  A dear friend helped with the boys each afternoon.  She not only picked them up from school, way across town, and got them to their activities (golf and piano), but on two of those days she was so kind as to prepare/pick up dinner for us.  I couldn't have been more thankful.  I was exhausted driving each day.  We were all in bed and asleep before nine each night.

On top of all the information I learned about CC and home schooling a friend taught me a great new term.  Have you heard of "spaving?"  Basically, it's what all us Costco shoppers do when we buy in bulk - it's "spending to save!"  I've never been confident that I'm saving much when I do this, but I like to know there are others out there doing the same thing and there is a name for it :).   

0 comments: