Apparently our chicks are getting smarter. The last two nights they have all lined up to go "upstairs" before dark. No more crawling on our hands and knees in chicken crap to try to shove them up the ramp - YAY!! You may be wondering WHY they need to go up. Right now it is to ensure their warmth as they do not all have their feathers yet, but it is also so they are safe from tunneling raccoons in the middle of the night. Now, we just need to get them laying some eggs.
Conner and I went for a great bike ride on the river trail today while Tegan and Riley were in golf class. We rode several miles to the duck pond and fed many different creatures hanging out there. I'm not quite sure what the unicycle craze is around here, but we see them quite often and today was no exception. Some guy was riding a HUGE wheel down the river trail. It's a very slow way to travel.
On a very different note, I gave an hour and ten minute presentation to at least 33 people last night. I've talked to large groups before, but only briefly, NEVER for this length of time. I was shaking horribly on the inside, but only mildly on the outside. I think the beginning was quite disjointed, but it eventually started to flow slightly better. After expecting around 10 people to show up, 30+ was quite a surprise - oh me of little faith. In this VERY liberal town (I learned of the LAV - lesbian assault vehicle, aka Subaru Outback - this weekend, but that's a whole different discussion, just thought I'd throw it in here) we have a strange little pocket of conservative, classical educators and they continue to emerge out of the woodwork as information about Classical Conversations spreads. Much of this group comes from families associated with Gutenburg College. This is a one building college sitting right in the midst of the U of O frat houses. I'm getting off subject now. Anyway, I gave a presentation about an educational program that I have never witnessed, only discussed with a friend so that didn't make it any easier. Although I believe whole-heartedly in it and am eager to see it begin here. I spewed as much knowledge as I could and then answered many questions. I now realize that much of my nervousness came from a feeling that I needed to SELL this idea and I really don't want to do that. I would rather God bring just who he wants to our program instead of people whom I have "talked into" it. With this attitude I don't think I will be quite so nervous next time. Yes, there will actually be two next times if our program isn't full by that point.
0 comments:
Post a Comment