CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

mid week update

It's been a busy week so far as you can tell by the lack of updates. We had a nice weekend at home with not much to do. R got in trouble Sat morning for all his whining and complaining so he did not get to go to soccer which was so sad. I was sitting on his bed with him letting him cry about it and then I got tears in my eyes because I was so sad for him. He loves soccer and this was his next to last practice of the season. I decided to let him earn it back and hopefully he would get there for the last half of practice. He had to put away every item on the floor of our house without one utterance of a whine. This was not a small task, but he did it and he was even cheerful and quick about it! I got clean floors, I didn't have to sit around here all morning listening to him cry and he got to go to soccer so it turned into a great morning.

R and I made a trip to Costco on Sat afternoon in search of rainboots for him. I thought it would be a good time to go since there was a home Duck game going on at the time, but it was packed. Never again will I visit there on the weekend.

We spent Monday at home doing lots of school. We're trying to catch up in Science which the boys love so it's fun to work on. We're hoping to have a big experiment day on Friday so we need to get all our reading done first. It was also boss' day so A's office was filled with balloons and confetti that we had to go see. We of course came home with two huge bags full of balloons that are now spread all over the house. We ended the day with cereal for dinner and a fun flashlight walk around the neighborhood. It was a great day at home with not much to worry about.

Yesterday morning (Tues) we had Moms. It was a small group but great teaching and discussion as usual. I love the book we are going through (it's a good thing since I'm the one that selected it). It's called Home Court Advantage by one of my favorite authors and speakers, Kevin Leman. Afterwards we visited the library. I'm trying to do this more regular because the boys love it so much. T checked out 6 Magic Treehouse books to begin his quest to read them all. He has a good plan of alternating each one with a book of the New Testament as he tries to finish that before the end of the year. R also decided to check out a few of the Magic Treehouse books which amazed me. I had no idea he could read them, but he quickly showed me he could. I just never know what he has going on in his amazing brain. He learns so much by observing but won't let it be known if asked. It only comes out when he feels like it.

I have little people around me begging for breakfast so I'm off to make pancakes now.

0 comments: