We had a fun day of science on Friday. Two little boys came over to join us while we did many experiments involving water. They all had a great time and were rather wet by the end of it. We also had family movie night and watched "Babe" together. A new movie for us all and it was pretty good; not too scary or sad and a little funny. Our tv/vcr combo is broken so we borrowed one from a friend and it was great - almost like watching a big screen for us (it was 15" compared to our normal 10" screen).
This morning (Sat) started off great...then I started forgetting things. Planning for dinner guests I got up and made the dessert knowing I had already assembled everything for the crock pot dinner and would put that on after soccer this morning. I got everyone breakfast and then decided I had enough time for a shower before we headed to soccer. While I was in the shower a lady called to see if T was still going to show up for his audition time for which he was now 5 minutes late. I called her back right away to see if we could still come as I'm yelling at T to jump in the car. I was told they could fit him in in about 45 minutes so we could stop rushing, but he would have to miss some of soccer. We dropped everyone off at soccer and I took him to his audition. He's been practicing all week on the first few lines of "Go Tell It On the Mountain" to do as a solo. He got in there and did a great job. He sang loud and confidently. He smiled and even bobbed a little in time with the music. Then we found out they had listed the wrong part on the audition sheet so could he do this other part that he had never looked at!? I was so nervous for him, but he took it all in stride. He told them he loved that part (he'd heard it on the cd) and he could probably sing it. He didn't have quite the volume as with the other part but he did it twice for them and I think his head bobbing and smile won them over. While walking out of there I was telling him what a great job he did and how proud I was of him for trying especially when it was hard when they asked him to do the part he really didn't know. He looked at me and said "That wasn't hard. I've heard it on the cd before. It was fun." Wow!! I wish I had his confidence as a child (even now sometimes). He continues to amaze me.
We made it back to soccer and the kids all had fun at their last practice of the season. While I was pushing C on the swing (our usual soccer practice activity) he was telling me something was bothering him. When I asked him what it was he said it was his boogies (he has a cold) and his fossils. It was hard to keep from laughing as I asked him again what he said and it was definitely "fossils." I asked him if he was refering to the holes in his nose and he said yes. I casually mentioned those are called nostrils so he wouldn't think I was making fun of him and he got it the next time. He has so many words in his sweet little head that he gets from listening to all the books I read to T and R for school, but he just can't always remember where those words fit in his life. We had a pizza party and everyone got some great t-shirts (thanks to our special t-shirt connections).
We came home to put C down, but after 45 minutes in his bed without him sleeping we let him get up and decided to take a drive to the country to look at an open house. We'd never been this direction before so thought it would be fun and it was only 30 minutes away so not a big deal. The boys think we're nuts always wanting to look at houses, but we find it fun and dream of living in the country with lots of property for them to roam someday. About 15 minutes into the drive (at about 2:30 in the afternoon) I realize I had never put the crockpot on. Another activity just plain forgotten today. We kept driving and just decided to deal with it when we returned. The house was great and we had a good time out there. It's situated where a small creek flows into a small river so there was some rock throwing that needed to be done before we could leave.
We came home and I got everything cooking in the oven in hopes that it would still turn out ok (thank goodness it did). T had a message when we returned to call a lady from the audition. He made the phone call (a little hesitant at first) and was so polite. He got off the phone and was very excited to tell me he got the solo part he auditioned for (the second part). Now he'll need to practice the correct part. He'll be singing that in 2 different Christmas performances.
Our friends came for dinner and we had a nice visit. Now it's a late bedtime for everyone.
Roblox Rhythm Track Cheat
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment