CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 02, 2006

practical jokes

Tegan loves to play practical jokes on me, but he still has a bit to learn about how to do it. The other day we were visiting friends and the kids were playing in the sprinkler and kiddie pool while I talked with the other mom. While standing looking at her chicken coop (we're thinking of adding one to our yard) Tegan came up behind me and dumped a whole bucket of water on me. I was in shock and so mad (I had my clothes and tennis shoes on). I sent him inside to sit while I calmed down before I dealt with him. By the time I got in there he was crying and I felt terrible. I know his heart and he certainly wasn't doing that to be mean, but it shocked me so bad I reacted in anger. I apologized and told him we'd start helping him learn how to play practical jokes where all would think it was funny. I said if he would have poured a cup of water on me rather than a bucket full he would have had a much better reaction from me.

The other day we went to pick blueberries and they are so good. They are huge and sweet. The boys actually helped this year too (even Conner - he didn't steal any out of my bucket to eat). We're hoping to go back again this week since we all love to eat them frozen year around.

This is the first year I've actually dead-headed our Rhodies. They look so much better without all the dead flowers hanging on them. I paid the boys a penny per flower that they pulled off and they were a big help. Conner earned 10 cents, Tegan earned $2.01 and Riley earned $2.00. Maybe they'll do a few more tomorrow since we still have half a bush to complete.

The sale of our rent house fell through for the second time which was very frustrating. It's back on the market AGAIN and we just keep praying it will sell soon. Thankfully our renters are flexible and rolling with it all.

0 comments: