CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

RV troubles

I'm starting to think we should consider selling our RV. We have such a great time in it and we all love it, but we keep having to spend money on it and right now that's not a good thing. The boys and I were driving it around town today filling it with propane and gas for a camping trip this weekend when it decided to quit running. Thankfully we had just turned off a busy road and were able to coast over to the curb. We did block an alley though. Several people came through and started honking at us while trying to exit the alley. After I told them it was broken they were ok with it. I finally taped a sign to the side explaining we would be towed by noon so I didn't have to deal with them anymore (we weren't in the best area of town). It was towed to our fix-it shop and we have yet to hear what's wrong with it. The boys were in tears at the thought of not camping with friends this weekend, but we have it worked out. Last night we loaned our tent and sleeping pads to the youth group so we had to go out tonight and borrow those items from someone else. I'll have to run over to the rv to get our sleeping bags tomorrow and then we'll let it sit there until we can pay to get it out or sell it I guess.

I just finished a great book called A Land of Sheltered Promise by Jane Kirkpatrick. She's a local author here. She wrote about the history of the Young Life camp in Eastern Oregon called Wildhorse Canyon, but it used to be the Rajneeshee headquarters in the 80's and in the early 1900's it was a big sheep ranch operation. Very interesting...

0 comments: